To combat digital & educational inequality in Hackney.
We want to eradicate digital and educational poverty in the borough we support to ensure that every family in need has the tools, education support & learning to help them Bridge the Digital poverty divide.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Bridge the Gap is a Community interest Company based in Hackney, with aims to support families at a grass roots level.
- Our members are families from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds including Caribbean, African, European, South Asian and British.
- We all live in Hackney and have all experienced the devastating effects of social and digital divide first hand.
- In the current crisis we saw the need for a new organisation focused on bridging this digital and social divide, where all members play a role in sharing skills and experiences for the benefit of the wider community.
- We aim to bridge the gap by empowering local families including those with children with additional needs through supporting them with technology equipment.
- We aim to enable a network of parents to create change within their own local community, in turn inspiring other parents and families to be the change they want to see.
- We want to give families the ability to change their own futures through empowering them with education and technology through our Digital Community Hub Project.
Meet Melissa Francis, Founder of Bridge the Gap - Families in need CIC
A local resident and SEN parent who has worked as a carer, Teaching assistant, SEN support worker, programme support officer and Community support worker. Melissa has considerable experience of volunteering within the local community and understands the particular challenges that the digital and social divide has had within it as she had experienced this with her own family. Melissa had quickly jumped on the idea and decided to help support other families in the local area, she then formed partnerships with local services and organisations to help respond to the current Covid 19 situation to tackle the Digital divide in Hackney as required.
Telephone - 07305 989983 or 07862 737714
Email address - email@example.com